Monday, September 29, 2008

All done "hooking" for the year

Well, we ended up NOT going to Toledo, so we are done "hooking" for the year. Overall a great & fun year. Lots of time, but grew some existing friendships along with making some new ones. Perhaps some of the best parts of the season was the time spent with some great people!!! We feel it a privilege to be able to be around such great families.
Brad, Simeon, & Amy Bickle Thanks!! Brad you are such a pillar of priorities. I count it a privilege to even be able to compete with you. I have seen and am trying to learn from you the value of your spiritual and family life taking a precedence over the "hobby" of truck pulling. I hope you continue to walk with your God, family, and friends as you have shown and continue to be that "pillar".
Brad, Amy, & girls Hyma, thank you. You have been a great friend and support. We could not have done the Kent City Pull with out you guys. Also for your expertise in the drivetrain, so much of Lil Whitey's success is a direct result of your knowledge and help. Thank you so much!! We have really enjoyed getting to know your family as well, and want to continue to grow that relationship. Continue to raise and train those 3 beautiful girls as you have, that is an awesome privilege you have!!! (Amy, If you find a smaller 4 wheeler for me to use, let me know).
Ed and Robin Aten, Wow!!! You guys are blessed in so many ways. I have, more than once, gotten choked up while watching you guys with your many little people. You two are nothing short of inspiring. I am in awe and feel so far behind you guys when I see your love and care for those children. I doubt they will ever understand what you have given, and are giving to them. They are so blessed to have you guys as Mom and Dad. You have been a huge blessing to my wife, myself, and my family.
Thank you all for your support and blessing to me!!!! I am thankful for the success of the year in pulling, however, I believe the biggest success, for me, has been to get to know you all and so many others.

Thought for the day: What is more powerful than all of our trucks put together........our successful relationships. lw

No comments: