Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Charlotte

Alright....back up a bit. Ends up it was a bit more than pushing the output shaft out the retainer plate. Output shaft was snapped in half. They put in a heavy duty shaft and a billot aluminum retainer plate in me, hopefully this will hold up.
They changed my oil, that felt good, I had about 20 hooks since the last change. I told them thanks for the oil change last night.............I gave them a couple good runs. :-)
While they were warming up my new oil, my alternator decided to throw sparks and smoke. Ended up totalling itself and in the process took out a bunch of fuses, a fusible link. They still can't figure out why the electrical gauges are not working. While they were trying to get the gauges working, in the pits at Charlotte I might add, they blew another fuse and couldn't get my starter to work. They ended up having to jump a wire from the battery to the starter coil just to get me started. That was a bit intense, I was ready to rock, the truck before us was hooking, and they were trying to figure out how to start me!!!!! They got me going, we made our way to the line, had to wait for a couple minutes, they did not want to shut me off and man did I get hot!!!!
Finally we got hooked, the track looked good, smooth, and plenty long. He gave me the GO signal and I ran for all I was worth, man did that feel good. I was screaming, good thing he had my rev limiter set at 7300 rpm, cause I was pushing it the whole way. Ended up getting about 380' before Dan (Nearpass) drug us down from behind. Man he can pull hard. We hurried around to the pits, he turned me off, opened my hood, put jumper cables to Mighty Whitey, and ran my fans and water pump, I was soooooo hot. Next thing he comes running back to say we needed to hurry back out there for a pull off. 3 other trucks did full pulls (over 300') as well. I new it would be a HOT work out. Dan had set the sled to "drop" sooner, so I knew I would need to get going quick. We got the green light, I gave it all I had, ended up going about 335'. I was sooooo hot, we went back to the trailer, he shut me off, I was boiling......literally!!!! Got the job done by about 30'. What a riot. I think Mrs. Tromp got some video, I think he is going to try to get it from her on Thursday, maybe he will put it on the site.
Shane Smith came along with us last night. I think he liked it. He helped load the weights and wired in some the gauges. Thanks for all your help Shane!!!

Sparta is Thursday 6:30 - 7:00. Should be a good one. Look for you there.

Thought for the day: Why is there such large gaps between the different levels of species in the so called "evolution idea". How long before the next group of apes become human and why is there no group, of whatever they would be called, in between there right now? lw

No comments: