Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sparta

Sparta, the almost, hometown pull. Had 4 of us in the class, Mr. Bickle, Mr. Aten, & Mr. Petz. Track was a bit "slimey" to start the night. Thankfully there were a couple tractor classes and the street truck class before us to kind of settle the track down. We had second hook behind Mr. Bickle. they had a nice hook, we think they got the bounce out of it, they are fine tuning the front tire "chatter", but doing well. I think that light blue truck is pretty "hot".......I am not sure my driver shares my sentiments. :-) Anyway.........sorry about that little distraction........they decided to turn down their first hook and try again. We hooked next and gave it all we had, I didn't have much bounce, Jeff was driving me right up next to the railing, I was a bit nervous I was going to rub my passenger side on the railing. I could tell why he was steering me that close, my right tires were sure doing a lot more work than my left ones, the traction was much better right there by the railing. I think we went around 260', can't remember for sure. Mr. Petz had a good run, came to within a couple feet of us, then Mr. Aten and the "Silver metal" hooked, they threw the power steering belt and we think that made them get pulled into the slippery center area, they were short by a bit as well. Finally that light blue "Proverbs" truck (Mr. Bickle) hooked for their second time, they had to "peddle" the gas a bit right at the end (little front chatter again) and came about 5" short of our mark. 1st place for our first points pull, we are really thankful. We also entered into the "King of the hill" class. Everyone puts in $10 and winner takes all. You can hook whatever vehicle you pulled in your class, except we were suppose to be around 7500#. There were diesels at 8000# plus, tractors at 10,000 & 13,000# and..........us at just under 8000#. We were second hook again, pulled a 285' and change. There were 13 vehicles in the class and we ended up winning by a foot or so over Mr. Tromp. I think he let us win, thanks Tim!!! So 2 firsts......Woo hoo!!

Thought for the day: It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife, but every fool will be quarreling. Proverbs 20:3 God

No comments: